- Secondary Style of Communication. The person activates different levels of aggressive elements meant to modify the rights, desires, and needs of others.
MAIN BELIEFS AND THOUGHTS
- This style is a form of the Aggressive Style of Communication, so it includes all the features linked to it.
- They consider themselves superior to other people, more worthy and will try to pass just as skilled.
- Other people are less important than they are.
- They do feel in control of their own lives, but will also try to control the lives of others.
- They will try to project the social image of a leader.
- They will convey any opinions, desires, and needs, as long as it serves their goals.
- They will offer modified feedback, positive or negative, to modify the other person’s behavior and attitude toward them.
- They will often mix authentic and fake information in the same message, in an attempt to pass the fake information as valid.
- They can generate conflict if it serves their purpose. They will take advantage of both stances, initiator or victims.
- Feigned, variable tone of voice.
- Non-verbal cues may also be modified in order to make the intended message seem authentic.
- Predominantly Manipulative people only follow the fulfillment of their own goals, disregarding the negative effects they may produce in the lives of others.
- They usually do not assist others in achieving their goals, unless the process also benefits them.
- May vary greatly, but they are mainly the emotions linked to the Aggressive Style of Communication.
- May also feign the expression of various emotions to trigger specific reactions in others.
- Depending on their aim, they can trigger supportive reactions and compassion, but also rejection and anger.
- Many possible positive emotions when their plans are carried out with success.
- Negative emotions of high intensity when their plans fail or if they get caught.
In the long run, the Manipulative Style of Communication turns out to be inefficient, especially as a primary style, because it does not generate long-lasting authentic results. What one builds through manipulation may be taken away from them in a second. And many times, that is exactly what happens.