We take your privacy seriously. We aim to collect the minimal amount of data necessary to provide website visitors with our service. We only ask you to provide information that we need in order to deliver the service or information you have requested.
Information We Collect
On Psychology Corner, your personally identifiable information is collected from you when you use the website to perform certain tasks or request certain services.
- When you post a comment on an article, page or blog post. Data collected: Name, Email Address (Required, public). Website (Optional, Public). Service provided by Automattic.
- When you send an email to directly to one of our email addresses or via a contact form hosted on our website. Data collected: Email Address (Required), Name (Optional).
- When you subscribe to the Newsletter service. Data collected: E-mail address (required). Read below more about the way the data is being collected, stored and processed. We use MailChimp as our marketing automation platform.
- When you respond to surveys posted on the website. Surveys are hosted and administered on PollDaddy.Com.
- When you use the website, we rely on third-party services to provide the best user experience that we can. Each of the services collects different types of data (mostly in anonymized form, but also Personal Information) so please read each of the segments related to the individual service providers.
Our Use of Information
We try to collect, store and process the minimum amount of personal data needed to provide a good user experience on the website and additional services that you request.
- We share information with third parties only when needed to deliver to you services that you request. To use our website, we share information with Services provided by Automattic (WordPress.com, Jetpack, PollDaddy, Akismet). For the Newsletter service, we share information with MailChimp.
- The materials you post on the website (eg. comments) are made available to be seen and read by other users of the website.These are not confidential data. We can assist you in removing the content at your request, but we cannot give any assurances that such materials are not still available from servers maintained by others (such as search engines or proxy servers) or that others have not already downloaded and stored such materials.
Duration of Data Storage
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control the personal data that is collected, stored or processed by us or third-party services that we use on the website.
We also collect and store website usage data in aggregated form (not identifiable). Aggregate level data may be shared with third parties and the public.
Data Related to Website Use
Content Management System: WordPress.com, by Automattic (Privacy Notice). WordPress provides the design, features, and support for our website.
Automattic may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the website –such as a contact form submission or a search query.
Website Theme & Associated Plugins: Brainstorm force. Does not collect or process any personal data.
Plugins used: Advanced Editor Tools (previously TinyMCE Advanced) (Automattic); Akismet Anti-Spam (Automattic); All 404 Redirect to Homepage & Broken images Redirection (wp-buy); All in One SEO (AIOSEO); Black Studio TinyMCE Widget (Visual Editor, Black Studio); Breadcrumb NavXT (John Havlik); Broken Link Checker (WPMU DEV); Classic Editor (WordPress Contributors); Classic Widgets (WordPress Contributors); Coming Soon Page, Maintenance Mode, Landing Pages & WordPress Website Builder (SeedProd); Customizer Export/Import (The Beaver Builder Team); Jetpack (Automattic); Jetpack Boost (Automattic); List category posts (Fernando Briano); Page Builder (SiteOrigin); Popup Maker (Popup Maker); SiteGround Optimizer (SiteGround); SiteGround Security (SiteGround); SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle (SiteOrigin); WordPress Importer (wordpressdotorg).
Website hosting: SiteGround.com.
Newsletter service is provided via MailChimp services. Personal data collected on Psychology Corner (Data Controller) and/or MailChimp hosted forms will be transferred to and stored and processed by MailChimp, the Data Processor (Ground: MailChimp’s Privacy Shield certification and agreement to the EU/US Safe Harbour Frameworks, guaranteeing protection of EU citizens’ data within the USA).
Data we collect:
On Newsletter subscription request: Email address. We also require your explicit consent to collect, store and process your data. We use a double opt-in process to ensure the validity of the subscription request, which means that you will have to confirm your email address by responding to the automatic email MailChimp will send on our behalf in this sense. MailChimp and us will be keeping accurate records regarding the user consent to have their data collected, stored and processed. MailChimp records the email address, IP address, and timestamp associated with every subscriber or contact who completes and submits the form.
To provide the service: MailChimp.com, as Processor of Data, will perform activities such as the collection (via sign-up forms, pop-ups etc), storage of personal data (whithin out MailChimp account, to allow us to create and use distribution lists, send (marketing) email campaigns). You also consent to the transfer of personal data to certain MailChimp sub-processors that perform some critical services related to the main service, such as assisting MailChimp.com prevent abuse and provide support to their customers.
Information collected automatically by MailChimp: When you interact with an email campaign that you receive from Psychology Corner, MailChimp may collect information about your device and interaction with an email. Cookies and other tracking technologies to collect some of this information are being used. Examples of information: Product Usage Data (Opens, Link Clicks, Viewed Pages, Dates and Times you access emails), Device Information (IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection). Read more about MailChimp’s Cookie Statement here. We did not activate Social Profiles on our MailChimp account. MailChimp also collects information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications sent on our behalf.
Backup of data: Encrypted local backup may be used in order to ensure the continuity of the service. Updates to data by the user (Unsubscribes, Data modification) will be reflected in local backup files as well.
You will be able to unsubscribe (Footer of all the emails you get from us) and modify your personal data at any time (“Preferences” link included in the emails you get from us). When you decide to unsubscribe from the Newsletter service, all personal data linked to that account will be deleted.
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. You can either do this yourself as an user or if, the service does not allow you do directly perform the specific action, you can write to us at email@example.com and we will assist you in completing the request to the best of our ability.
- To object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. File a request via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
All requests will be considered in accordance with applicable laws.
Limitations. Although we take Personal Information matters seriously and do our best to preserve your privacy, we cannot fully guarantee your privacy. We will inform you of any data breaches that we become aware of in 72 hours of gaining knowledge of the issues. Further, we may disclose your Personal Information when required by law or when we believe such action is necessary to comply with legal matters (e.g. judicial proceedings, law enforcement requests etc).